Sunday, April 27, 2014

A Closed "Bat" Cave in Manhattan, Nevada




This was a man made cave which had been used in gold mining in the 1800s. Now it is inhabited by bats and is protected by the US government. It is just more or less 5 miles away from Manhattan, Nevada going to East Belmont, Nevada. When I peeked from the entrance, it looked like it is wide inside and goes long ways to wherever it ends.

There were mounds of dirts and different colors of rocks  in the vicinity which I collected some. 

I find this place very interesting and it is good to know that it's been protected in order to preserve it and to protect the habitat of bats as well. Thanks to my little model friend, Tamara.

I hope you find this post interesting too. Thank you for dropping by. Have a good one.

Bechay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are so welcome!