Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Davao Pearl Farm Beach Resort Escapade- Part I

Signage at the Davao Marina Wharf where Pearl Farm Beach Resort's office is located. It is also where we registered/checked-in. The guard at the gate will check your reservation paper before you can get in.


Hubby and I at the lobby while waiting for our turn to register.
 
Getting into the boat
We walked about a quarter of a mile from the office to get into the boat. The heat of the sun was pretty intense but it was breezy as well.
Inside the boat. It was full. Heard there was a wedding the following day.
A selfie with daughter Jen. I love this photo of me and her.
The view as we were approaching. Just simply pretty.
The Parola where we docked. The smiling and polite staff welcomed us with a glass of refreshing juice and a hot towel (not pictured).
I can't help but take a photo of this gorgeous houses while an orientation is going on about the resort and its amenities at the Parola.
The swimming pool and the sea water in one beautiful view.

I wanted hubby to experience a little "luxury" in the Philippines so I took him to Davao Pearl Farm Beach Resort. I was hoping my son could join us but he had extensions duty in Tagum City so it was only hubby, my daughter, and I who enjoyed this paradise spot in the Island Garden City of Samal.

I said "luxury" because this place is pretty darn expensive. We spent Php10,200.00 for one night. Boat transfer, use of two swimming pools, use of 2 snorkeling gears and breakfast for 3, all inclusive. That was the cheapest rate that I could get. Their dinner buffet costs Php999.00 per person, drinks not included.We spent Php3,600.00 including tip for our dinner alone.  It was a good thing that hubby doesn't like to stay in a house or a room facing the seawater or by the beach side, otherwise, it could have been up to Php14,000.00 or more just for a night. That's already 3 nights stay for a discounted room in Marco Polo Davao Hotel, hehehe! But then Davao Pearl Farm is a Beach Resort, not a hotel.

I could have spent a lot  more, had I not called and inquired about their best rate and booked thru their office in Davao City. I had to send copies of my Driver's License and Credit Card via email though. If you want to get a good deal, do not book it online, do not go on weekends and on holidays. Inquire for any promo or better yet, ask for a Bed and Breakfast package which what we've got. They have a day tour package but it is still pricey and to stay overnight is really worth it. 

The last two photos above are taken from the Parola. We have just arrived at the resort as I captured them. There are more info and photos on my next post.

Thank you for dropping by. Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are so welcome!