Saturday, September 17, 2016

Visiting San Antonio, Texas

Hubby and I flew out to Webster, Texas from Las Vegas, Nevada last week to celebrate my 40 something birthday with our son who works in one of the Medical laboratories there as Medical Technologist. That was our second time so we have had practically visited tourists spots in Webster and Houston area so we decided  to drive to San Antonio to see the famous Alamo and the River Walk.



On our way to San Antonio which is more or less 4 hours-drive from Webster, we stopped by at the rest area which I thought a neat place and is  properly maintained just like the rest areas in Central California.



I am mentioning this because rest areas in Nevada from my place going to Reno or Las Vegas are... never mind. I would rather pee on the ground if I need to use the rest room.

I was surprised that San Antonio is just a small city and I learned that it is one of the most visited places in Texas, like at least 3 million people per year, because of the Alamo and the River Walk. How cool! 

A little view of the city.

We call this "Kalesa" in the Philippines.

This is across from the Alamo

Also across from the Alamo. Wanted to check it out but we ran out of time.

The San Antonio, Texas Courthouse

Here is another "Kalesa". I wonder how much to get a ride.

Hubby in front of the Alamo. He is sweating like crazy.

Taking a break after half an hour of walking at the River Walk. The walking made my husband exhausted. 

Had birthday lunch at the Texas Land and Cattle Steakhouse, per hubby's friend's recommendation. The food was delicious but they did not have enough efficient and friendly staff.

 
Anyhow, we had a great time visiting San Antonio, Texas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are so welcome!